My psychotherapy practice is integrative, blending a psychodynamic approach with other evidence-based practices. This means we will work together to appreciate how past relationships and events continue to exert influence on present-day feelings, relationships, and self-regard. Depending upon your goals, I may also use techniques derived from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), as well as Mindfulness Based CBT, Emotionally Focused and Family Systems therapies.
I specialize in working with high-sensitive, creative individuals; couples or families in the midst of crises or life transitions; and adults struggling with strong emotions (anxiety, anger) that are interfering with work and personal relationships.
My 15+ years as a TV executive and creative producer have familiarized me with the experience of people prospering in or transitioning out of the entertainment business. Past clinical experience includes providing on-site psychotherapy to fellows at the esteemed American Film Institute (AFI).
Sex Therapy for Individuals and Couples
I am an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist (AASECT.org) who practices from a sex positive orientation. I am committed to exploring with you any shame or trauma around your sexuality, as well as working through distress, if any, related to sexual fantasies and desires. My experience includes certification as a couples and sex therapist and teaching Human Sexuality and Advanced Human Sexuality to masters- and doctoral-level students at Ryokan University.
Education and Training:
- M.A., Clinical Psychology with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, Pepperdine University
- B.A., Philosophy, Earlham College (Phi Beta Kappa)
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (MFC #53198)
- Certified in Inter-Analytic Couples and Sex Therapy by the American Association of Couples and Sex Therapists – AACAST.org
- Training in Emotionally-Focused Psychotherapy, an evidenced-based treatment for couples
- Former Instructor, Advanced Human Sexuality and Human Sexuality at Ryokan College
- Graduate, The Eating Disorders Program (2013-2014) at the Los Angeles Institute & Society for Psychoanalytic Studies (LAISPS)
- American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- American Association of Couples and Sex Therapists (AACAST)
- Group Psychotherapy Association of Los Angeles (GPALA.org)
- California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT)
Call or email today to schedule an appointment. (310)995-3228