My psychotherapy practice is integrative, blending a psychodynamic approach with other evidence-based practices. This means we will work together to appreciate how past relationships and events continue to exert influence on present-day feelings, relationships, and self-regard. Depending upon your goals, I may also use techniques derived from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), as well as Mindfulness, Emotionally Focused and Family Systems therapies.
I specialize in working with high-sensitive, creative individuals; couples or families in the midst of crises or life transitions; and adults struggling with strong emotions (anxiety, anger) that are interfering with work and personal relationships.
My 15+ years as a TV executive and creative producer have familiarized me with the experience of people prospering in or transitioning out of the entertainment business. Past clinical experience includes providing on-site psychotherapy to fellows at the esteemed American Film Institute (AFI).
Sex Therapy for Individuals and Couples
I am a sex-positive psychotherapist, committed to exploring with you any shame or trauma around your sexuality and working to let it go. My experience includes certification as a couples and sex therapist; lecturing on sexual difficulties to psychotherapists and doctors of psychology at UCLA; and teaching Human Sexuality and Advanced Human Sexuality to masters- and doctoral-level students at Ryokan University.
Education and Training:
- M.A., Clinical Psychology with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, Pepperdine University
- B.A., Philosophy, Earlham College (Phi Beta Kappa)
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (MFC #53198)
- Certified in Inter-Analytic Couples and Sex Therapy by the American Association of Couples and Sex Therapists – AACAST.org
- Training in Emotionally-Focused Psychotherapy, an evidenced-based treatment for couples
- Instructor, Advanced Human Sexuality and Human Sexuality at Ryokan College
- Graduate, The Eating Disorders Program (2013-2014) at the Los Angeles Institute & Society for Psychoanalytic Studies (LAISPS)
- American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- American Association of Couples and Sex Therapists (AACAST)
- Group Psychotherapy Association of Los Angeles (GPALA.org)
- Los Angeles Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (LACEFT.org)
- California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT)
Call or email today to schedule an appointment. (310)995-3228